Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher

Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. Finally, Plainsville's schoolchildren represent a new generation of potential customers: these schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In the memo, the author argues that he is going to open the next franchise in the town of Plainsville. And he cites various reasons to bolster it. However, none of these are convincing because the claim relies on a series of unsubstantiated assumptions which render them unconvincing on their stand.

First, the argument unfairly rests on a assumption that the high sales of running shoes and exercise clothing means that the people there lead healthy lives. Thus, the author argues that he will get a substantiate profit there. However there is absent evidence to support it. So it is likely that the price of exercise clothing is relatively lower than other kinds of clothing all time which lead to the situation that the people in Plainsville prefer to buy these clothing rather the reason that they need to exercise in exercise clothing.

Second, the author unfairly assumes that there are lots of people in the local health club means that they are pursing the health life style. According to it, he claims that more members participate in the weight training and aerobics classes reflects the more profit. However, the memo contains no evidence to support it. Lacking these evidence that this is the case, it is entirely possible that they enjoy the classes because they don't have good lifestyle. They can't obstruct the scent from delicious food, and they often eats much more than exercise. Thus, I wonder even if there are health food and health-related products, they will not to buy. In addition, though they would like to be more healthy ,it doesn't amount to they will eat health food which will spend more money than exercise.

Thirdly, the author also unfairly assumes that the school children as a new generation of potential customers will bring more benefits. So, the author thinks that they will but health food and other relative products. However, the assumption is unsound regarding of these children are required to
participate in a fitness-for-life program but rather they want, less alone buying the health food. Beside, even if these children want to buy, their parents may not agree because the possibility of exist of some harmful factors in these kind of food.

In sum, the argument is unpersuasive and the author needs to offer more evidences to substantiate the following assumption that 1)the high sales of running shoes and exercise clothing means that the people there lead healthy lives.2) lots of people in the local health club means that they are pursing the health life style3)the school children as a new generation of potential customers will bring more benefits.

Sentence: In addition, though they would like to be more healthy ,it doesn't amount to they will eat health food which will spend more money than exercise.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to to and they

Sentence: Beside, even if these children want to buy, their parents may not agree because the possibility of exist of some harmful factors in these kind of food.
Description: The token of is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to of and exist