People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Good decisions are a result of objective thinking not subjective thinking and naturally the ones who are moved by emotions are not great decision makers. Hence, I stand by the author's claim.

Decisions are not arrived at on the spur of the moment, a lot of thinking goes into making a coherent decision. Decision making is of prime importance for the proper functioning of any enterprise, a wrong decision could bring down the enterprise and hence it has to be dealt with caution. Good decision makers consider a gamut of consequences prior to making a move and when required, do not falter to go against their heart for the good of majority. Moreover, good decision makers are impartial and hence do not permit the ascendancy of emotions.

Consider a situation in which a Supreme Court judge hears a case against his own son. In spite of all the evidences against the prosecuted that substantiates the offense, it is his word that is of paramount importance for the consequences that are to follow, if he wishes he can refute all the evidences against his son by submitting to his emotions, but as a good decision maker, he would not do it at the cost of others and would make a fair decision.

On observing, one derives that decision shapes the future of any sector for which it is made, be it hospitals, schools, institutions, enterprise, bank, etc. If decisions aren't good, it is ultimately the people submissive to it that suffer, hence emotions shouldn't be given a room prior to making decisions and it wouldn't be right to justify such decisions with logic.

In conclusion, a good decision maker never makes a decision based on emotions he would rather consider the consequences that are to follow and the lives that could be affected by a wrong decision. Considering all this in mind, he would make a move.