People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

Our world is a collection of individuals belonging to a variety of ethnicity, speaking a diverse mix of languages and practicing various rituals. Hence, it can be called an eclectic blend of human species. Behaviors are exhibited here on two levels; firstly collective as a nation or ethnicity and secondly as an individual. Now, the issue here is to analyze behavior. We have to understand that behavior is shaped by not only other people's action but our own emotional interpretation effects it as well. Behavior can be explained as a combination of reaction in response to a certain action by someone else which is a collective response and also the emotional imprint the action leaves on us which varies individually. Hence, it would be incorrect to argue that behavior is totally dependent upon other forces rather it is also effected by our interpretation and understanding of the force.

Lets go back into history, to understand that how people have responded to actions and attitude forced upon them collectively. In 1885, people of the Sub continent in South Asia started fighting for their freedom against the Britishers. It could be said that it shows how collective action was shaped by the attitude of the British forces. But a close examination would reveal the variety in these response because of the differences in individual intellectual capabilities. A few Indians in Punjab responded to the freedom movement by committing murders and used violence as a tool. The Muslims resorted for a political movement and Hindus shaked hand with the Britishers. This shows that though the fight for freedom was the common implication, every other group interpreted and took different measures for it.

Similarly, lets examine the post 9/11 behaviors amongst people. Most of the people have become cautious about their protection and have developed ways to protect themselves. But the violence has had two pronged effects as well. On one hand, some have become more cautious and sensitive towards violence. On the other hand, a few have become apathetic due to the excessive bloodshed. Some have adopted prejudices towards Muslims in the world. Others have become more united with them.

Hence, though the forces play a role in shaping our behavior but it is not the only factor. Factors like emotions, interpretations, intellect and personality play a vital role as well .