You are herePeople's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

aarkadatta's picture

By aarkadatta - Posted on 06 July 2012

People's behavior is the outcome of several metaphysical process. It may include socio economic condition, personal stand and acceptance in the society . Forceful implementation of law and order may shape peoples behavior but not absolutely necessary. Sometimes they are simply determined not to follow any imposed restriction.So ultimately the decisions are upto the people that how they behave.

If we consider the force which may have impact to change the behavior ,it can be broadly classified into three distinct categories. They are government pressure , social pressure and pressure from their peer groups. These three categories somehow shape one's behavior or at least provide a footprint upon its behavior. But again they may accept that or reject those impressions.

Government pressure is related with maintain law and order . This should be maintained for the convenience of other people . For example one should not talk in mobile phone while driving . That is the rule but if anyone simply want to go against it there are some laws to prevent that action. So sometimes government rules are necessary to shape their habits which gradually reflects in their behavior.

Social pressure is related with maintaining several social regulation . Obliging social rules is completely depends upon peoples own choice. Because they are not mandatory to live in society. However maintaing few of them will surely something payback to society as nobody in the society not be able to live alone. Live and let live is the motivation to oblige the social rules.

Finally peer groups has the considerable power to shape ones behavior. Peer groups are the collection of our nearest and dearest ones. So it is high probability that behavior of people are affected by their feedback. However one actually chooses peer group according their behavior. For example if someone like to smoke and drink he or she will choose that group which has the similar quality. So peer group shapes behavior but the direction depends upon whom they choose as their peer.

There are some other forces which may change their habits . It is the habit of one which gradually reflects in their behaviour. Force can be a motivation to follow those rules and regulation but it depends ultimately upon the people who choose to follow those which ultimately shapes their behavior.