People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

Agree with the statement that people’s behavior is controlled by forces. Such forces exist in various forms.

Thousands of years ago when early communities were formed, people’s behavior was forced by a variety of moral standards. For example, a daughter’s marriage was arranged by her parents not by her own choice. The feudal society created two major classes, noble and peasant. While children in noble families acted with many table manners and standards that were created to express that they are in the higher class, those in peasant families were born to work on farms without education. The force is the social stratification. In a modern society, the way people behave is more restricted by laws. Laws of a country have power to force its citizens not to drive when they are drunk. Laws require any owners to pay their employees with a minimum wage.

An individual has his or her ego and alter ego. Sometimes people act with their ego but just short-lived. People express their ego the most strongly when they were young and when they want to rebel against their parents. They may go away from home with friends and do something crazy to escape from the control of parents. The ebullient youth is gone. Most of them find that such actions will lead to negative consequences and lead them to the middle of nowhere. They will go back to their real lives with forces of individual purposes. Many people live with their own forces. Students spend most of their time to study in order to get assistantship. Parents work hard to earn money for the living of their families.

In the modern live today, even a child lives under the pressure of study achievement. They grow up with study and live with standards that are increasingly tricky. When becoming an adult, they work under pressure of jobs they do. People have less time to live with their own ego.