People's behaviour is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supportin

People's behaviour is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

A person’s behavior is a something which depicts his character. It is mainly dependent upon the circumstances in which he was bought up and the type of education he has been provided from his childhood. A person who comes from a good society would be well mannered who has the knowledge of behavior whereas a person coming from a low class society would have less knowledge about being disciplined if not provided with proper education. The author here claims that a person’s behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making. Now this is a controversial statement where a person may change his behavior due to external forces and be obdurate or may change his behavior and be amenable. It totally depends on the situation and circumstances around him.

Paraphrasing, a person’s behavior is his own individual characteristic. He would have his own style of behaving. For example, let us consider a criminal. A person wouldn’t be a criminal by birth. He might be bought up in such circumstances and would have changed to become a person who is recalcitrant and obdurate. This is the effect of the external forces around him. Such circumstances can change people to become terrorists, smugglers and the so called dons who turn out to be a negative part of the society and would have higher rates of violence indulged in them. These are the people who set their behavior according to the influence of the external forces on them.

On the other hand, a person can have made his own behavior to set a trend or a trademark for the generations to come up. For example, let us take the father of our nation, Mohandas Karamchand Ghandi. He was the person who led us to freedom. He had his own behavior. He wasn’t influenced by the external forces around him. He was a simple, sober and kind person. Even though he has studied his matriculation in a foreign country, Africa, he always followed the Indian tradition. Such people are like milestones. They are never influenced by other’s or the surroundings.

In sum, a person’s behavior would be dependent upon his thought on major context and less on the circumstances around him. Hence it is unfair to say that a person’s behavior largely depends on external facts than internal thinking.

Sentence: A person's behavior is a something which depicts his character.
Description: The token a is not usually followed by a pronoun, nominal
Suggestion: Refer to a and something