You are herePoliticians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals

Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals

sheepfei199184's picture

By sheepfei199184 - Posted on 27 June 2012

I broadly agree with the speaker 's claim that politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus,however, i do not think they can not pursue the elusive ideals.

Politicians play an essential role in deciding the development of countries. Thus, it is important for them to have common ground and consensus which is to bring the great profit for their country. However, if every politician always consist his own view without giving in to some extent, the country will be coerce and lose it way to develop. For instance, in nineteen century, China troubled with the issue of choosing the way that bring the most benefit for China and can adapt to the basic situation of China in that time. There are various view of the problem, some people think that conducting capitalism can ensure China have lots of fortune while others argue that socialism is the best choice. If both of people consists hold their view but rather get common ground and reasonable consensus in the end, China now may still stand in that time instead of development. So , for the same goal, politicians need to have common ground.

Besides, reasonable consensus and common ground will make people facing bravely of the difficulties, and even calamity. For example ,in the film of 2012, all human being confront with the endanger of extinct. At that time, nearly every politicians forgo the bias and their politicians ideals to join hand and deal with the trouble. The practice, give people more brave to face and solve the problem together.

When it comes politicians in different counties, pursuing common ground is also very essential which will decide whether two countries can get along with each other or not. For the point, i think enlai Zhou, who is the capital of China, give as a right way to deal with it, that is to seek common ground while reserving difference. The common ground is indeed the benefit that many countries share and expect, such as the peace. And, reserving difference indeed demonstrates the important of word:reasonable.

However, at the same time, i don not think that elusive ideals are disadvantage. The elusive ideals do not mean that they are futile for the country. Maybe the ideals are significant valuable, but do not understand by most of people. One day, it will show its advantages and accepted by people.

In sum, but only the politicians need to get common ground and reasonable consensus, but also need to pay enough attention on elusive ideals which can also bring benefit for counties.