You are herePoliticians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals

Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals

sheepfei199184's picture

By sheepfei199184 - Posted on 27 June 2012

I broadly agree with the speaker 's claim that politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus,however, i do not think they can not pursue the elusive ideals.

Politicians play an essential role in deciding the development of countries. Thus, it is important for them to have common ground and consensus which is to bring the great profit for their country. However, if every politician always consist his own view without giving in to some extent, the country will be coerce and lose it way to develop. For instance, in nineteen century, China troubled with the issue of choosing the way that bring the most benefit for China and can adapt to the basic situation of China in that time. There are various view of the problem, some people think that conducting capitalism can ensure China have lots of fortune while others argue that socialism is the best choice. If both of people consists hold their view but rather get common ground and reasonable consensus in the end, China now may still stand in that time instead of development. So , for the same goal, politicians need to have common ground.

Besides, reasonable consensus and common ground will make people facing bravely of the difficulties, and even calamity. For example ,in the film of 2012, all human being confront with the endanger of extinct. At that time, nearly every politicians forgo the bias and their politicians ideals to join hand and deal with the trouble. The practice, give people more brave to face and solve the problem together.

When it comes politicians in different counties, pursuing common ground is also very essential which will decide whether two countries can get along with each other or not. For the point, i think enlai Zhou, who is the capital of China, give as a right way to deal with it, that is to seek common ground while reserving difference. The common ground is indeed the benefit that many countries share and expect, such as the peace. And, reserving difference indeed demonstrates the important of word:reasonable.

However, at the same time, i don not think that elusive ideals are disadvantage. The elusive ideals do not mean that they are futile for the country. Maybe the ideals are significant valuable, but do not understand by most of people. One day, it will show its advantages and accepted by people.

In sum, but only the politicians need to get common ground and reasonable consensus, but also need to pay enough attention on elusive ideals which can also bring benefit for counties.

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. ashni sticky icon
149In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should be required to step down after five years.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing an aloha871111 sticky icon
GMAT Analysis essay - Some people believe that increasing violence in media is the cause of increasing violence in society, especially among children. Others believe children’s peer groups and parental role models are a much more powerful influence on chi Sree999 sticky icon
To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities. patil.akh@gmail.com sticky icon
It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a JackoMany Maste...
Issue Type - It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves. fdrg9iit
1. As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reas pookieeee sticky icon
GMAT Argument Writing Sample 6 iLoveGMAT
The following appeared in a local newspaper. "People should not be misled by the advertising competition between Coldex and Cold-Away, both popular over-the-counter cold medications that anyone can purchase without a doctor's prescription. Each brand is a nowonder164 sticky icon
Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning maxchen

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a Thupten Tsering GMAT/GRE
Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. - GRE Issue 119 six11 GMAT/GRE
People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. maxchen GMAT/GRE
On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the maryam2900 GMAT/GRE
Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated. f26194572 GMAT/GRE
People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting fiddo GMAT/GRE
"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the numb maryam2900 GMAT/GRE
Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa sh_shashi1 GMAT/GRE
Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position shiva jab GMAT/GRE
A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimulating situations (such as an encounter with an unfamiliar monkey), firstborn infant monkeys mercury014 GMAT/GRE

"It is often asserted that the purpose of education is to free the mind and the spirit. In reality, however, formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free." Maulik Modi sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Historians and other social scientists are as useful to society as are the biochemists and engineers because society's ill cannot be cured by technological progresses alone. ana-mika sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"The birthrate in our city is declining: in fact, last year's birthrate was only one-half that of five years ago. Thus the number of students enrolled in our public schools will soon decrease dramatically, and we can safely reduce the funds budgeted for e darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. Hma GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the executives need and the success of their firms. Of the advertisin darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. singhya sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Maulik Modi GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to add Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Claiton University needs both affordable housing for its students and a way to fund the building of such housing. The best solution to this problem is to commission a famous architect known for experimental and futuristic buildings. It is common knowledge ana-mika GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"People most respect the powerful not when they exercise their power, but when they refrain from exercising it."Write an essay in which you develop and support a position on the statement above. In writing your essay, you should consider both when the sta Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Issue Task

The following appeared in a memo from the manager of Uppercuts hair salon:"According to a nationwide demographic study more and more people today are moving from suburbs to downtown areas. In order to boost sagging profits at Uppercuts, we should take adv ana-mika GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the numb vp.sumit GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could. sindz03 GMAT/GRE Issue Task

Sentence: For instance, in nineteen century, China troubled with the issue of choosing the way that bring the most benefit for China and can adapt to the basic situation of China in that time.
Description: The fragment that bring the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace bring with verb, past tense

Sentence: There are various view of the problem, some people think that conducting capitalism can ensure China have lots of fortune while others argue that socialism is the best choice.
Description: The fragment various view of is not usually preceded by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: If both of people consists hold their view but rather get common ground and reasonable consensus in the end, China now may still stand in that time instead of development.
Description: A verb, present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to consists and hold

Sentence: For the point, i think enlai Zhou, who is the capital of China, give as a right way to deal with it, that is to seek common ground while reserving difference.
Description: The word i is not usually used as a nil
Suggestion: Refer to i
Description: The fragment , give as is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace give with verb, past tense

No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2 (Be more careful)