population increases to 100,000 during summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island sh“On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the ould limit the num

population increases to 100,000 during summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island sh“On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the ould limit the number of mopeds rented by the island’s moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during summer season. By limiting the number of rentals, the town council will attain the 50 percent annual reduction in moped accidents that was achieved last year on the neighboring island of Seaville, when Seaville’s town council enforced similar limits on moped rentals.”

The author argues that in order to reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, town council of Balmer Island should limit the number of mopeds rented by the Island’s moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during summer season. The argument has loopholes as the authors assumptions behind this argument are flawed. Also, the reasoning given by author to support the argument is not strong enough and it is based on flawed assumptions. The author does not provide enough evidence to make the argument convincing .

The author assumes that number of acc...