Practicality is now our great idol, which all powers and talents must serve. Anything that is not obviously practical has little value in today's world.

In today’s scenario, practicality is given prime importance in various fields whether it is politics, education, science and technology. The author asserts that practicality has become our great idol, which all powers and talents must serve. However, I believe that practicality need not always be a standard to look at things. There are other factors in addition to practicality which also help to excel in life.

People today want a comfortable and relaxed life. They have resorted to gadgets which help to simplify their day to day tasks in life. Today, with advancement in science and technology, basic necessities like light at homes, transport, means of communication have practically made our lives comfortable. Computers have become very useful in all areas. Students are being increasingly made aware of its usefulness and given training right from school owing to its practical use in our daily lives.In political field, it is expected by people from government to formulate laws and take wise decisions which would be practical and utilitarian in the context of democracy.

However, practicality should not be considered the only criteria in field of education. Students usually view education in practical sense and opt for careers where there is ample job scope. Students refrain from other areas such as literature, biotechnology, farming and prefer white collar jobs owing to bright prospect in fields which fetch them good income.

Hence practicality is not always the only criteria for happiness in our lives. I do not totally believe with authors assertion that without practicality there is no value in today's world. Though practicality can help us in making our lives comfortable, it would turn us more lazy and hence prone to certain physical diseases if we only give it more importance than other factors in our lives.

More content wanted.