A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f

A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about healthful eating. Therefore, the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument with conclusion that the new Captain Seafood restaurant should be profitable is rather weak. It is based on the premises that a study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent, that the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and that such families express more concern about healthful eating while less cooking at home by a nationwide study. However, ther are many missed evidences needed to be explained, as discussed in the following paragraphs.

First, the evidence that the increase of seafood consumption is resulted from the change of appetite of the inhabitants. Maybe there is some advertisement about seafood that encourage people try some. Therefore, the habitants just cram into the restaurants and order the provided seafood, which causes the rise of the consumption. And it seems that it is reasonable to open a new restaurant specializing in seafood, for the tendency. However, the lack of the evidence weaken the argument, for there are many other reasons such accidental dearth of other meats which have the same outcome.

Moreover, the evidence that the result of the nationwide study concerning eating habits of two-income families can also apply to the local area. It may be true, for the assumption of the uniformity of the whole nation, resulting in the trend that people living there may prefer healthful food in restaurants, which implies they might love seafood if it is healthful. On the contrary, what if the result just not right in this city? For there exists such a possibility, the evidence should be explained.

Furthermore, the evidence that the seafood provided by the new Captain Seafood restaurant is heathful. Or more wide, the seafood in Bay City is healthful. Good seafood needs characters such as fresh and inocuous. With this kind of traits, the seafood may be healthful, which will attract two-income families, resulting in profits and popularity. However, there is no guarantee that the cooker could get some fresh fish or something fitting the requirement of health, which weaken the argument more.

In the end, the argument is rather weak. However, if the evidences provided above are explained, it will be greatly reinforced. Hence, there is no way to just accept it. Evaluate all the conditions before take actions such as open a new seafood restaurants.

Sentence: Maybe there is some advertisement about seafood that encourage people try some.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular or plural is not usually followed by a sentence terminator
Suggestion: Refer to some

Sentence: Furthermore, the evidence that the seafood provided by the new Captain Seafood restaurant is heathful.
Error: heathful Suggestion: healthful

Sentence: However, there is no guarantee that the cooker could get some fresh fish or something fitting the requirement of health, which weaken the argument more.
Error: cooker Suggestion: cook

Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.046 0.07 - Be careful to use 'However'. You used it a lot.