"A recent study of Dura-Socks customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks are strong enough to last for two years. We have always advertised our use of the E

"A recent study of Dura-Socks customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks are strong enough to last for two years. We have always advertised our use of the Endure process, but the new study shows that despite the socks' durability, our customers, on average, actually purchase new Dura-Socks every three months.

Furthermore, customers surveyed in our largest market—northeastern United States cities—say that they most value Dura-Socks' stylish appearance and availability in many colors. These findings suggest that we can increase our profits by discontinuing use of the Endure manufacturing process."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author suggests that Dura Socks is wasting the money it spend on its patented manufacturing process, and uses the results obtained from a study conducted among their customers to substantiate his claim. Though the argument put forward by the author might seem convincing at first, a perusal of the entire argument reveals many holes and leaves the reader with myriad questions unanswered, rendering it specious.

The argument fails to shed light on the nature and validity of the study conducted among the customers of Dura Socks in northeastern United States. Details about the mode of the sur...

Sentence: The author suggests that Dura Socks is wasting the money it spend on its patented manufacturing process, and uses the results obtained from a study conducted among their customers to substantiate his claim.
Description: The fragment it spend on is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace spend with verb, past tense

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre