A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal re

A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal receive little to no professional dental care, while people in suburban areas in the United States see a dentist an average of 1.25 times per year. Thus, regular dental care is not helpful in preventing tooth decay.
Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

The author draws a conclusion that regular dental care is not helpful in preventing tooth decay based on the fact that children from the United States have more rate of tooth decay,although with easy access to dental care, than children dwelling in Himalayan mountain ranges of Nepal, with limited or no access to dental care. The conclusion drawn by the author is invalid based on vague assumptions.

Firstly, the author is comparing children from two geographically and culturally distinct countries. The country of Nepal is pollution free. The culture of Nepal is completely different from the c...

Sentence: The author should have consider all the advantages of dental health care and then drawn a conclusion.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and consider