A recent survey of 250 adults between the ages of 30 and 45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self-reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours

A recent survey of 250 adults between the ages of 30 and 45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self-reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online each week were twice as likely as others to report that they "frequently" had trouble concentrating. Of adults who reported spending more than 30 hours per week online, 20% also reported that they had felt "sad, down, or blue" at least three times within the past month.
These results suggest that spending too much time online is linked with depression, and people who want to improve their well-being should strictly limit the time they spend online.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The above argument associates the time spent online with reports of depression found in adults as part of the survey. At first the argument appears to be convincing but it does not provide ample evidence to the argument which states that time spending online is directly associated with depression.

Firstly, the author does not provide wide range of surveys on online usage and depression. He is just sticking to conclusions on the basis of recent study. What was the effect of spending too much time online in the past was not considered by the author.

Secondly, only out of two hundred and fifty adults only the results of people in the age group of 30 and 45 were given by the author. The consequences of number of hours spend by people of other age groups were not specified by the author.

Thirdly, the author does not provide ample evidences to provide information regarding the correlation between both of them. Even persons who are depressed and gloomy can spend time online. It may not be that too much time spending online has resulted into depression. The statistical data pertaining to it is not easily conceivable.

Furthermore as per the argument only 20% people were exhibiting symptoms of depression. The story of the rest 80% is not revealed by the author. Jumpy conclusions can never be taken on basis of half information.

Definitely, the above argument is flawed as the author lacks the above considerations. He should have made it clear by stating the information of all age groups. The information regarding past surveys should have been taken into consideration.

Put more content for every argument.