The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun Beem Facial Cleanser We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun Beem s improved formula Without an enormous media blitz including television

The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser.

“We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun-Beem’s improved formula. Without an enormous media blitz, including television, radio, internet, and magazine ads, potential new customers will not be aware of our product. And previous customers will not be aware that Sun-Beem’s new, non-carcinogenic formula is on the shelves. The best way to combat the negative publicity Sun-Beem’s old formula received is to fight fire with fire, by using the media’s insatiable interest in any new news about Sun-Beem to sell the new formula. This will erase the negative connotations in the minds of former customers, and will ensure that Sun-Beem is once again the best-selling facial cleanser on the market.”

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author of the memo states that the the company needs to indulge in large scale publicity for the new product that the company is launching based on assumptions that have serious implications if proven to be unwarranted.The author believes assumes that the interest of the media persons with anything related to their company will result in positive marketing of the new product. He also assumes that this will change the negative impression that the old customers had and also help the company to take the product to new customers.

Firstly the author believes that the media interest in any new news about the company will eventually lead them to speak good about the product and not highlight its previous formula.If latter is the case then the company would not help its cause and would only damage their prospects of a getting a good response for their new product. The author of the memo needs to give additional information regarding the improved relationships with the media and has evidence to provide evidence to support his claims.

Secondly the author assumes that increased awareness among the prospective buyers and the old customers about their new product will make them to actually buy the product. If it was the case that the prospective buyers in spite of knowledge about a new product will preferably not buy the product then the recommendation falls on its head.The author needs to provide surveys results conducted among prospective buyers which show that the increased awareness about a product makes them buy it. It might include questions like "Would you buy a product just because you saw an advertisement on the TV or the newspaper about the product.

Another assumption that the author makes is that just clearing the doubts of former customers about the new product through media will probably make them by

Finally I would state that the recommendation by the Regional manager of the company stands on a slippery ground and he needs to provide additional evidence like any surveys that he has conducted or evidence to show that the media is ready to positively advertise about their new product. If evidence like the above stated are provided only then the regional brand managers suggestion may be implemented.

Sentence: The author of the memo states that the the company needs to indulge in large scale publicity for the new product that the company is launching based on assumptions that have serious implications if proven to be unwarranted.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.