Rituals and ceremonies help define a culture. Without them, societies or groups of people have a diminished sense of who they are. - GRE Issue 104

The speaker asserts that rituals and ceremonies are needed for any culture or group of people to retain a strong sense of identity. I agree that one purpose of ritual and ceremony is to preserve cultural identity, at least in modern times. However, this is not their sole purpose; nor are ritual and ceremony the only means of preserving cultural identity.

I agree with the speaker insofar as one purpose of ritual and ceremony in today's world is to preserve cultural identity. Native American tribes, for example, cling tenaciously to their traditional ceremonies and rituals, which typically t...

Sentence: Of course, these subcultures have their own distinct ways of cerebrating events such as weddings, coming of age, and so forth.
Error: cerebrating Suggestion: celebrating

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre