"Scientific theories, which most people consider as 'fact,' almost invariably prove to be inaccurate. Thus, one should look upon any information described as 'factual' with skepticism since it may well be proven false in the future."Write an essay in whic

"Scientific theories, which most people consider as 'fact,' almost invariably prove to be inaccurate. Thus, one should look upon any information described as 'factual' with skepticism since it may well be proven false in the future."

Write an essay in which you take a position on the statement above. In developing and supporting your viewpoint, consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true.

Are scientific theories always accurate? Many people consider them as facts that are always true. However, I believe that we should look upon them doubtedly until they are proved to be true or until they are replced with more accurate theories.

As an example, the old belief of the Sun orbiting the earth. This belief was considered as a fact for many years until we have made advancement in space science and discovered the truth that it's the earth which orbits the sun not the opposite. Another beleif was that the shape of the earth. It took many years from us to know that the earth is an oval shape rather than being flat.

Another example from different field is the Newton's laws of motion in Mechanics. The physists have always considered them to be the most true and the most accurate laws guiding any moving object. However these laws of motion failed to explain different pheonomena found on the atomic scale. This failure to understand these phenomena continued until Schrodinger came up with the theory of Quantum Mechanics. The Quantum Mechanics theory did not say that Newton's laws of motion were completly wrong. However, it siad they were right for large scale objects but when you go down to the elctron scale, they are inaccurate.

A third example is the constancy of the speed of light which equals 300,000,000 meters per second in vacuum. This speed was known but was not considered constant in any moving frame of reference. It was believed to be variable like any other velocity of a moving object carried by another moving object until Einstien came up with the theory of special relativity.

As a conclusion, considering scientific theories as laws that came from heaven is not true. They are not completely wrong but they will always lack some accuracy. They will always be replaced with newer theories that are more accurate.

Sentence: However, I believe that we should look upon them doubtedly until they are proved to be true or until they are replced with more accurate theories.
Error: doubtedly Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: replced Suggestion: replaced

Sentence: Another beleif was that the shape of the earth.
Error: beleif Suggestion: belief

Sentence: However these laws of motion failed to explain different pheonomena found on the atomic scale.
Error: pheonomena Suggestion: phenomena

Sentence: The Quantum Mechanics theory did not say that Newton's laws of motion were completly wrong.
Error: completly Suggestion: completely

Sentence: However, it siad they were right for large scale objects but when you go down to the elctron scale, they are inaccurate.
Error: siad Suggestion: said
Error: elctron Suggestion: electron