"To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate

"To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate. Moreover, the average rent for an apartment in our town has risen in recent years. Consequently, students will find it increasingly difficult to afford off-campus housing. Finally, attractive new dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enroll at Buckingham."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument is Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories to satisfy the hosing needs of their students. And author concluded attractive dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enroll. Here conclusion is based on assumption with lack of evidence.

Author stated that Buckingham enrollment is growing but this assumption is based on current trends. Author didn't mention any figure here like every year 10% growth in student population. It will help to calculate growth in future and based on figure Buckingham College can provide dormitory facilities to student. So this assumption weakens the argument.

It is not true that next 50 years student growth will be same. It depends on job opportunities available in that country. e.g. If some other colleges are providing best courses than Buckingham college, then growth of enrollment will more in those college rather than Buckingham.

Second, average rent for an apartment in the town has risen recent years. Here author didn't mention about how much rent student have to pay in Buckingham College. Student can estimate the difference between off campus and on campus rent. No one can't predict like in future rent will increase. It depends on economy. For example in recession in United Kingdom average rent was low compare to normal years because size of enrolled students was less so lots of options was open for students.

Besides this author have not mentioned that if college is going to invest extra funding in dormitory facility, they will increase rent to recover the fund amount in coming year.

In Conclusion, assumptions are ambiguous to support the argument. Author should clear evidence like calculated growth, rent growth in future. Author must understand that not only attractive dormitories will help in student growth but different educational, medical, sports facilities and curriculum also equally important.

Sentence: The argument is Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories to satisfy the hosing needs of their students.
Error: hosing Suggestion: No alternate word

Not well organized.

better to have 5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion