You are hereSome people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. Wri

Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. Wri

fiddo's picture

By fiddo - Posted on 29 July 2012

Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

College students are the backbone in the development of any society.Decision of students in the selection of their field of study play an important role in future plan of student and in development of society.In my opinion college studen should consider only their own talents and interest when choosing a field of study.There are many reasons to support my opinion like, work satisfaction,high level thinking of student in their favorite subject etc.

Interest is one of the main driving force of human to do some extraordinary work.Without interest we can not do extraordinary work hence it will be qualified to only at average level.Suppose one student who is very much interested in arts but due to current job senario he chose to pursue his career in science.It will be very difficult for him to compete with students who are pursing science as an interest.After completing graduation when he will join job then he can not get job satisfaction due to his interst in some other subject.Meantime society is also loosing one talented artist.In this way we can see that nobody is getting benefit . He can not do some extraordinary work and he will be always in stress due to work dissatisfaction.

Second important point is work force imbalence.If all the students will decide to pursue career in same field then situation of work force imbalence will arise.Some of the field will face scarcity of work force.In this way competition will also increase in specific field that can effect mental stability of student and they can suffer from mental disease like hypertension,sleep deprived etc.

Nobody can guess about the future prospectus of particular field of study.It depends upon various factors.Number of jobs in a particular field of study can vary with time it might be possible that in future some other field will have more number of jobs.So in that case ,student's decision to pursue carrer in a particular field due to current job senarion will give him nothing in future.

In sum, i would say that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. It will give him mental comfort and we know that mental comfort leads to physcial comfort.Above discussed points indicating that student intersts can leads to personal and social development.