Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.Write a response in which you

Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Any funding to the artist will help in improvement of art and that applies to Government funding. Monetary support always has positive effects on arts. Any help from government to arts will help in protecting the arts and make more awareness to audience. The monetary support to painters, poetry, musicians, writers will encourage the new artist coming forward to join and hence the arts will last longer.

Taking example of writers, after finishing the book, not all writers have money to publish their book and without monetary support it is impossible to publish many copies. With the help of government funding many writers will be able to publish their work. In addition, students who are interested in writing will be encouraged to enter in writing field.

Secondly, the musicians who take classes to teach music instruments need monetary support because these musical instruments are expensive and support from government would help in buying those instruments. Hence, more students will join to learn those instruments resulting in flourishing and long lasting of music industries. Also, singers who have talents but lack in funding and little help from government would definitely boost the singers in various ways.

Many people have thoughts that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts but taking considerations on above statements there is no harm from taking funds from government. In any fields the artist should have moral support and monetary support. With these support one can be a successful in any kind of field. In developing countries, it is difficult to get support in writing field, musical field etc. but if there are such rules made by government and government is ready to fund then I do not think any artist would refuse to accept it. In fact, artist would be happy to accept it because they know that it will help them to continue their works.

Therefore, I conclude by saying that government funding in any field will encourage and help the artist to bring more creativity. But unfortunately in developing countries lack of funding leads to less number of artist and less creativity.