There is little justification for society to make extraordinary efforts especially at a great cost in money and jobs to save endangered animal or plant species Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statem

There is little justification for society to make extraordinary efforts—especially at a great cost in money and jobs—to save endangered animal or plant species.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Today, extinction of species is a big problem in ecology. The number of species in the world has been decreasing since humans started to develop the nature. Wildlife has lost its habitat and has been hunted indiscriminately by people. Therefore, many people argues that the government should take extensive measures to protect species which are endangered by human activities in order to protect ecological diversity. I agree with the argument.

Admittedly, human intervention may yield a bigger chaos to the ecosystem if we make efforts to protect species which are endangered because of natural processes, all species in the ecosystem are interconnected. In other words, if one species is affected, other species will also be affected. We can find one good example in an effort to protect wolves in a region. In the region, the number of wolves decreased drastically due to excessive hunting. Therefore, scientists maintained that the society should protect wolves, and the society did so. After few years, scientists found that the number of wolves was significantly increased; however, they also found that the number of deer was significantly decreased. Thus, the society lifted the ban to hunt wolves and protected deer. As a result, the number of deer was increased; however, the amount of grass was plummeted due to feeding of deer. Finally, the society decided not to intervene in the ecosystem, and the number of every species restored to the equilibrium state.

However, doing nothing may cause bigger disaster to humans. As mentioned above, every species is interconnected, which means decrease in the number of a species may affect humans. To illustrate, let's think about a scenario. Extinction of carnivores may increase the number of herbivores. Some herbivores feed on flower. Thus, increased number of herbivores may lead to decrease in the amount of flower. Bees cultivate honey from flower, so decrease in the amount of flower may lead to decrease in the number of bees. Bees are important to human life because they are pollinators. Without bees, plants cannot be pollinated; therefore, there will be no fruition. That means the amount of food will significantly decrease. As we can see from this scenario, not protecting endangered species may take a toll on humans.

Moreover, humans are the only species can make efforts to protect endangered species. Even though dolphins and monkeys are smart, they cannot think of protecting endangered species. Human is the only living thing that can think rationally. As a member of the nature, human beings have obligation to go the extra mile to protect the nature. Therefore, people should protect endangered species.

Efforts for saving endangered species may disturb the ecosystem. However, not protecting the species may cause bigger problems--such as food shortage--to human beings. Therefore, we should make efforts to save the species to the extent that the efforts do not severely disturb the ecosystem.

Sentence: Therefore, many people argues that the government should take extensive measures to protect species which are endangered by human activities in order to protect ecological diversity.
Description: The fragment people argues that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace argues with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Be sensitive to use 'However'.