“There is little need for books today because one can learn just as much or more from television.”

Books are usually referred to as one’s true friend. Books not only provide us with knowledge but also provides with immense satisfaction of learning new things. Many great leaders, famous personalities have always kept a close relationship with books which made them what they are. The choice of books always reflects the nature of a particular individual.

A book not only gives us accurate information on any particular topic but fills the loopholes in one’s intellect. It strengthens and sharpens our intellect and develops our personality. Our forefathers have a much refined knowledge of any topic, thanks to their curriculum where reading of books was given more priority . There wasn’t any distraction for them. All one used to do was to pick up a book and get engrossed in it.

Many discoveries and inventions, which we now study as part of our syllabus, are due to the dedication of various people who achieved their goal through reading habit and learning skills. Reading gave them in depth knowledge of the subject.

There is no way that we have to blame television or internet for the lack of reading habit in today’s generation. Mass media can just provide us with many recent updates of various events. But reading has its own charm. It depends on the reader actually. He may find one book boring and other book interesting. It can never be implied that reading has to be completely avoided.

According to me, reading habit needs to be cultivated right from the childhood. One has to select the right kind of books as per their taste. Through books only one can get exposed to various scenarios and new findings which one was never aware of. There is a term bookworm usually referred to an ardent reader and this term should be complimented. Books will never be substituted by any other thing.

It is not related to 'reading habit'. Need to argue 'one can not learn just as much or more from television'.