A true university education encompasses far more than the narrow, specialized study of a single discipline. Only through exploring the broad spectrum of liberal arts courses can students become truly learned.

The issue of whether the quality and worth of education recieved can be accurately quantified on the basis of the diversity of courses a university offers is indeed a debatable one.On on hand proponents of the system will say that students must be exposed to a broad sprectrum of courses to ensure holistic development.Opponents of the system will argue that this will however create a student who is a jack of all trades but master of none.I partially agree with the fact that students must be exposed to a variety of courses especially at the undergraduate level so that the holistic and all round development of a student is achieved.

Before i enumerate the reasons for my belief, the argument that only through the exploration of a broad spectrum of liberal arts courses can students become truly learned is completely false.It is not only through liberal arts courses that students recieve complete education.A wide variety of enginnering and science courses too are necessary to develop the analytical skills of students.A university that aims at providing all round education but has a bent only towards libreal arts courses fails miserably in its task.Hence if the university does indeed want to provide quality all round education it must aim at providing a broad spectrum of courses in varied fileds such as science,engineering economics,libreal arts etc.

So how exactly does learning a wide array of courses across a wide array of streams help a student?Before I eloborate let me state very clearly that I advocate this system only at the undergraduate level.Students straight out of high school have little or no knowledge about the choice of classes they can take and how learning a particular subject will benefit them in life.A broad spectrum of courses will thus enable students to get an insight into various streams of learning and will help students make an informed descision about what career path to choose.Furthermore a broad spectrum of courses will also enable students to synthesize concepts learnt from a particular subject and apply those very same concepts to another subject.For example consider an engineering student doing a image processing project on biomedical imaging.While the student does indeed learn the nuances and intricacies of the software to be used for processing in his regular engineering classes, if the student has taken even elementary biology couses he stands a better chance to complete the project as opposed to a student who hasn't taken theses biology courses.

Opponenents of the idea will say that dabbling in a variety of courses with no focus seriously limits the employment potential of a student because the student exits college with half baked knowledge in almost every stream but a complete understanding of nothing.While this may be true, again I harp ont he fact that this system of education must only be provided at the undergraduate level.Students graduating have to go through a trianing programme once they are employed.Even under status quo students who focus on only a particular field of education do not have the level of knowledge required for the industry.At the postgraduate however the student must chooses his own area of interest and must focus solely on it.At this time learning a wide array of courses makes no sense because a student has already decided what vocation he wishes to pursue

In conclusion both sides of the argument have their own sets of pros and cons.While it is true that focussing on multiple streams without a strong bent towards any one of them creats aimless students we must realize that the benfits of allround and holistic development that a broad spectrum of courses system of education provides far outweigh any of the shorcomings that it may possess.A education system with exposure to a broad sprectrum of courses in varied fields at the undergraduate level will indeed create indivduals who are comple and whole in all aspects of education.

Sentence: On on hand proponents of the system will say that students must be exposed to a broad sprectrum of courses to ensure holistic development.
Description: The tag a preposition is not usually followed by on
Suggestion: Refer to On and on

Sentence: At the postgraduate however the student must chooses his own area of interest and must focus solely on it.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to must and chooses

Sentence: The issue of whether the quality and worth of education recieved can be accurately quantified on the basis of the diversity of courses a university offers is indeed a debatable one.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Error: sprectrum Suggestion: spectrum

Sentence: It is not only through liberal arts courses that students recieve complete education.
Error: recieve Suggestion: receive

Sentence: A wide variety of enginnering and science courses too are necessary to develop the analytical skills of students.
Error: enginnering Suggestion: engineering

Sentence: A university that aims at providing all round education but has a bent only towards libreal arts courses fails miserably in its task.
Error: libreal Suggestion: liberal

Sentence: Hence if the university does indeed want to provide quality all round education it must aim at providing a broad spectrum of courses in varied fileds such as science, engineering economics, libreal arts etc.
Error: libreal Suggestion: liberal

Sentence: So how exactly does learning a wide array of courses across a wide array of streams help a student?Before I eloborate let me state very clearly that I advocate this system only at the undergraduate level.
Error: eloborate Suggestion: elaborate

Sentence: A broad spectrum of courses will thus enable students to get an insight into various streams of learning and will help students make an informed descision about what career path to choose.
Error: descision Suggestion: decision

Sentence: While the student does indeed learn the nuances and intricacies of the software to be used for processing in his regular engineering classes, if the student has taken even elementary biology couses he stands a better chance to complete the project as opposed to a student who hasn't taken theses biology courses.
Error: couses Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Students graduating have to go through a trianing programme once they are employed.
Error: trianing Suggestion: training

Sentence: While it is true that focussing on multiple streams without a strong bent towards any one of them creats aimless students we must realize that the benfits of allround and holistic development that a broad spectrum of courses system of education provides far outweigh any of the shorcomings that it may possess.
Error: allround Suggestion: all around
Error: focussing Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: benfits Suggestion: benefits
Error: creats Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: shorcomings Suggestion: shortcomings

Sentence: A education system with exposure to a broad sprectrum of courses in varied fields at the undergraduate level will indeed create indivduals who are comple and whole in all aspects of education.
Error: sprectrum Suggestion: spectrum
Error: indivduals Suggestion: individuals
Error: comple Suggestion: No alternate word

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.