A true university education encompasses far more than the narrow, specialized study of a single discipline. Only through exploring the broad spectrum of liberal arts courses can students become truly learned.

What exactly do we go to university for? The answer to this question will be to learn new things, to learn what is going on in the world, how the technologies are developing. Today world is developing at high pace, it is necessary for every individual to grow with the developing world.

It is necessary to have knowledge of everyfield but, Is it necessary to know all the details about every field? Every individual is different, each person has their own personal interest. Not every person can learn all the things. People will like to learn things that interest them. A student should have the basic knowledge of every course but it is necessary for students to follow a single discipline. It is not possible for a person to have a deep knowledge about every field even if he studies for lifetime. A person will be keen to know or learn only if likes to or if he is interested in learning about that particular course. If we forcefully ask an individual to learn things that he don't want to, he will end up either failing in the course or studying juat for the sake of passing. He won't be able to learn anything , all that he will study be a temporary learning for the sake of examination. For example if a person does like to dance and we force him to learn dancing, he will not try to learn it full heartedly.

There would be no invention if people like Edison, Grahambell and other scientists would have not gained knowledge in their field and would have studied all the fields instead. This is the reason why we gave electives in universities. Students select subjects or choose field that they like. It is necessary to have overall knowledge of all fields, that is why in Engineering colleges , in first year Every course has common subjects that gives basic knowledge about every course in engineering.

We can have a deep study about a single discipline and can do more research in that course instead of learning a broad spectrum of liberal courses. We can thoroughly study that field and learn new thing related to that particular field. If a person learns all the fields he would get confuse and may take a lot of time to study. It will not allow the person to do research and invent new things. This would impede the development of new technologies.

So, It is necessary for an individual to have knowledge of all the fields but to have new inventions, technologies and development the university education should encompass the narrow, specialized study of a single discipline.

Sentence: If we forcefully ask an individual to learn things that he don't want to, he will end up either failing in the course or studying juat for the sake of passing.
Error: juat Suggestion: just