Of the two leading real estate firms in our town Adams Realty and Fitch Realty Adams Realty is clearly superior Adams has 40 real estate agents in contrast Fitch has 25 many of whom work only part time Moreover Adams revenue last year was twice as high as

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In the letter, the homeowner argues that a estate firm---Adams,is superior to Fitch, which is another leading firm in his town. To bolster it, the homeowner cites various evidence to support it. However, none of these is convincing because the claims relies on a series of unsubstantiated assumptions
which render it unconvincing on it stands.

First, the argument unfairly rests on the assumption that the agents from these two firms have equal professional skills, thus, the author argues that more agents indicates greater efficiency. However, absent evidences to support it. So, it is as likely that agents in Fitch have much better abilities to deal with matters like promoting the sales of houses though the number of agents in there is relatively less than Adams'.Besides, many of the agents in Fitch work only part-job indicates that they have wider circle of people in other fields. Thus, they will gain more clients when they work as agents, which is a beneficial factor for the development and economical efficiency of the firm.

Second,the homeowner also unfairly assumes that these two estate firms sold the same amount of houses last year. According to it, he claim that higher sale price equate to much more income. However, the letter contain no convincing evidence to support it. Lacking the evidences that this is the case,it is entirely possible that in last years, Adams sold 5 houses, for each of them is $168000,, whereas Fitch sold 15 houses,for each of them is $144000. In this case,it's clear to see that Fitch contains more economic benefits compared with Adams. Thence, the argument of the homeowner that Adams is superior to Fitch will be unconvincing.

Thirdly, the homeowner assumes that the conditions of estate market of recent are similar to ten years ago. So , the author judges Adams is better for it took relatively shorter time to sale a houses last year while ten years ago, Fitch spent 4 month to sale one. However, the assumption is unsound regarding of everything is changing .Beside, no convincing evidences in the letter are used to support the assumption. Due to it ,it is as likely that with the improvement of people's lives, the richer become more and it's just a cake for them to buy a house while ten year ago,a large part of people could not afford it. Moreover, rather than buying houses for living, they prefer to invest on them so as to earn more money.

In sum , the argument is unpersuasive. The author need to offer more evidences to substantiate these following assumptions:1)the agents in the two firms have the same professional abilities.2) The two firm sold the same amount of houses last year.3)the conditions of estate market are constant. Without these evidence, the homeowner cannot convince me.

Sentence: According to it, he claim that higher sale price equate to much more income.
Description: The fragment he claim that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace claim with verb, past tense

Sentence: However, the letter contain no convincing evidence to support it.
Description: The fragment letter contain no is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace contain with verb, past tens

Sentence: So, it is as likely that agents in Fitch have much better abilities to deal with matters like promoting the sales of houses though the number of agents in there is relatively less than Adams'.Besides, many of the agents in Fitch work only part-job indicates that they have wider circle of people in other fields.
Error: part-job Suggestion: ?