To understand the important characteristic of a society, one must study its major cities.

In today's world, it may not be relevant to study the characteristics of a society in major cities anymore. As the world become rapidly integrated, major cities around the world have become internationalized. Maybe restaurants and private venues are cratering to the international community more and they want to be bestowed with the title of international city in order to attract foreign investment and tourism. It is certainly possible to study a society's characteristics in major cities, however one many want to consider look into smaller towns to get the true value and beliefs a society hold....

Sentence: As the world become rapidly integrated, major cities around the world have become internationalized.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to world and become

Sentence: It is certainly possible to study a society's characteristics in major cities, however one many want to consider look into smaller towns to get the true value and beliefs a society hold.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, post-determiner is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to many and want

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre