Unfortunately the media tend to highlight what is sensational at the moment Society would be better served if the media reported or focused more fully on events and trends that will ultimately have the most long term significance Write a response in which

“Unfortunately, the media tend to highlight what is sensational at the moment. Society would be better served if the media reported or focused more fully on events and trends that will ultimately have the most long term significance.”
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The main aim of mass media is to sensationalize the news than looking in to the reality. They deliberately deviate the people, into their own topic of interest and they are compelled to watch. This indirectly affects the channels reputation. Each channel is claiming that they are the leaders, which is not to be. Thanks to different options available to the viewers. In fact they are competing amongst themselves just to improve their ratings. Nobody is concerned for imparting sensible, accurate and impartial news to the masses.

There are news channels which just exemplify scores of senseless issues, where people get buzzed off. People will no longer rely on such channels. Thanks to the other channels which make the viewers feel calm and settled.

Several times the panel and the anchor indulge in baseless arguments rather than intellectual debates leaving the public dry. Since our country is plagued with gender bias, superstitions, corruption, malnutrition .etc. the media should focus on the above so that our common man can be benefited out of it.

Sometimes it is seen that the issues which are to be given priority are not given so. Now-a-days, we live in a scenario of “breaking news” without realizing that there are thousands of other valuable news which are worth watching.

Just to showcase their ability to sensationalize a particular issue won’t suffice the people’s choice. What needs to be taken care of is to meet the interest of the masses. This can be achieved by prioritizing good quality shows like “Satya Meva Jayate” hosted by Aamir Khan, where social issues were brought before the masses. Issues regarding natural disaster that still haunts us at the global level and fitness programs should be encouraged. Travel, tourism, different cuisines, wildlife, lifestyle improvements and business related channels and talk shows are worth watching programs. Telecasting such shows will not only improve their ratings but also will benefit the people at large.

Well, the correct pattern is like this:

para 1: introduction.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion

and you need to put the main arguments on the essay body: paragraph 2,3,4