Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Knowledge is power. Studying courses in one’s own field of study is important but having an overview of other fields is equally important to keep pace with this fast developing world. To keep a basic understanding of the activities around us, we need to have proper understanding of the concepts of science. So, likewise other fields have their importance to different extents.

Keeping the knowledge of each and every field makes a person capable of taking a stand on any issue in the society. If you have the knowledge of what is happening around you, then you can socialise well. Consider a student of music. He will gain all the knowledge regarding his field in each and every respect. But if he has taken science along with that, then the student is able to understand everything that he is experiencing around himself in his day to day life. Every activity that is taking place around us is directly or indirectly a part of that we study in science.

Sometimes, these extra courses are a kind of recreation for the students. If a student of science takes additional courses like painting , music or dance, these become the recreational activities. Moreover, a student should select those courses which they are interested in or include their hobbies. In this way, they attain the peace of mind in doing or learning the work they are interested in when they are tired of their course work. If a student takes a course in environmental education, then he finds himself near to nature and will keep proper knowledge of our ecosystem and the critical issues concerning it. He will try his best to maintain that delicate balance in nature.

Moreover, the courses should be selected keeping in mind your capabilities . The selection should be made in such a way that it does not affect your performance in the major field of study. The courses must be selected to an extent that you can devote proper time to everything while benefitting yourself and your studies. Such a situation should not arise that you start feeling everything as a burden and finally end up losing a grip over everything.

So, in my view taking other courses along with one’s own field of study is beneficial for the overall development of an individual. But i do not agree that every student must take additional courses. It should be according to the will and the calibre of the students. So, this thing should not be imposed but it should be according to the desire as well as the need of the students. They are the masters of their own fate. So, let them choose what is best for them.

Sentence: If you have the knowledge of what is happening around you, then you can socialise well.
Error: socialise Suggestion: ?