Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Although, the main objective when attending to a university is being enable to pursue a career which might be more profitable in the long term, university education cannot be considered only as a preparation for a lucrative business life. There are other essential aspects of university education such as teaching students how to evaluate and assess the merits of situations or be open to new ideas. A person should acquire more than career training during university time in order to become a well-rounded individual of a society. Hence, students should take courses from variety of areas for becoming better and more productive members of society in the later stages of their life.

To begin with, taking variety of courses from several fields is necessary to improve the intellectual level and abilities of graduate students since having these qualifications are essential for them during their lives. University graduates are responsible for increasing the cultural level of a society. In addition, during their career they are usually in contact with other people who are also educated. Without having the necessary well –rounded knowledge these people would be ignored by their collegues. Hypothetically, consider an engineer if he is not aware of nothing but circuits, electrical transmission and things like that, then he would not find anything to talk when his peers start a conversation about history, art or politics. In this case, his friends would easily notice the poor intellectual knowledge of this person. In addition, they might undermine his ideas in his field since they would consider him as intellectually incapable or even dumb. However, by taking lectures in variety of fields, he could increase his intellectual level which promote his status among his fellows. As in the case of example, it is essential to have a well-rounded education for a university graduate in order to reach a better position in his/her career.

Moreover, besides teaching new things to students, taking courses from variety of fields enables cross-fertilization about his area and other areas. For example, the ultrasound machine is invented as a result of cross-fertilization.Reflection of sound waves is different depending on whether they hit fluid or solid. Ultrasound devices have already been used in marine industry as sonar devices due to this property.An engineer who is focused in this area realized the potential of this machine in the medical area. He developed this machine an this method paved the way for modern imaging techniques that are in use today. He were able to do it because of his knowledge about medical area. Hence, being knowledgeable about the other fields leads to innovations which are not possible without well-rounded education.

Finally, some people might ignore the importance of taking courses from variety of fields and claim that these courses are waste of time. Although this idea has some merit, these people have restricted view about the scope of university education. Different courses are important for students to be interested in with other subjects outside their field. In addition, these courses might help the students who are indecisive about their future career to focus on a specific area. As a result, a curriculum that includes several areas promotes the students’ intellectual interest and results with increase in cultural level of society.

To sum up, well-rounded education is beneficial for developing the statue of a society in the cultural area. These courses help students to become graduates who are well-developed in many areas and introduce different fields to students who are indecisive about their careers . Thus, a well-rounded university education is cardinal for improvements students ‘ lives and innovations.

Sentence: He developed this machine an this method paved the way for modern imaging techniques that are in use today.
Description: An article is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to an and this

No. of Words: 599 350 (write the essay in half an hour)