The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and s

The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

In my opinion a society will improve significantly if the authorities are accountable and people regularly question their decisions and administrative activities.

Obviously, power can spoil human beings. Authorities are the most prone people to be allured and deceived by the attraction of their authority and control. It is not uncommon that persons, who are at the top of the power pyramid, try to expand their control over huge resources of the society that they are in charge of governing it. Since they avidly try to bend the restricting laws in favor of their greed to aggrandize their possession, they tend to escape from the light spot that people put in them by asking about their activities. This is a frequent pattern that leads to the formation of totalitarian governments and birth of dictators.

Furthermore, governors usually are encircled by the owner of major businesses and large industries. Seeking for backdoor contract to prosper exponentially, these people try to urge the authorities to take the decisions they will benefit the most. They try to put their black money into current and buy the power by their wealth. In such cases, the responsibility of meticulous inquiry about the correctness of authorities is due to community members.

There are people who believe that questioning the authorities may hinder them from running their plans optimally and prevent them from reaching their objectives. However, it should be highlighted that "late is better than never". In successful societies, frequent check points should be designed and all people in different layers of community should try to question their authorities. Not only journalists, or official supervisors, but also general population have the right to ask questions and this is their responsibility as good citizens.

In conclusion, I contend that people are the target point that will be affected by wrong decisions of governing systems. In order to protect themselves of harmful consequences of authorities' wrong deeds, they should actively try to observe and question their authorities.