The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and s

Any society in the modern world is run by a set a regulations. In order to ensure that the rules are followed and the complex machinery of administration keeps running smoothly,every society sanctions an authority which is responsible for ensuring that each member of the society follows the rules made for smooth running of the society.

Governments,both regional and national,police force etc,represent forms of such established authority. By its very reason of establishment,any such authority's function is to serve the society,hence its accountability also lies to the society. However by its very nature of exercising power over the people it serves,any such authority is highly prone to getting corrupted. In order to keep the authority from being corrupted, it has to be constantly monitored through questioning by those whom the authority is appointed to serve. Hence,the well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.

In the world of today,democracy is considered to be the best form of government where the people have the ruling power vested in them through their vote. On closer examination,we can observe that the very fundamental of democracy rests on the ability of people to question their authority. In a democratic nation,what is to stop an elected government to persecute its opposition and start a totalarian regime? Any party once coming in power can use unscruplous means to get rid of opposing factions. However it is the ability of the people to question such authority,which prevents ruling parties from snatching power and pushing the nation towards dictatorship and tyranny. The more the people question the government's motive on any of move it makes,the more the government is accountable to them.Such questioning keeps a governing body from misusing its power. In the modern world,all the developed nations have become so, because people have been more active than underdeveloped ones,when it comes to questioning the government's policies. On the contrary, the nations where people, due to various reasons, do not question authority of their rulers have fast become totalarian regimes even if they once were democracies.

Corruption is another evil which comes into being,if a society does not question authority. The ruling bodies which constitute a society's authority,comprise of human beings who are prone to avarice of wealth as well as power. Being in authority gives such unscruplous humans a chance to get away with their misdeeds by covering up evidence. Such practises lead to more corruption as more and more members comprising the authority get encouraged towards material gain through corruption. Such corrupt practises can be stopped only if the society questions the deeds of its authority often enough.

Summing up,questiong the authoity is the only thing that makes it accountable to those it serves. If not questioned often enough, the authority is prone to becoming corrupt and in worst cases may lead to the society towards tyranny, anarchy and totalarian rule. However,this questioning should not be arbitary. it should be done in controlled manner, otherwise the sanctioned authority will never have the courage to make some radical development.Overall, the well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.

Sentence: Such practises lead to more corruption as more and more members comprising the authority get encouraged towards material gain through corruption.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to Such and practises

Sentence: Any party once coming in power can use unscruplous means to get rid of opposing factions.
Error: unscruplous Suggestion: unscrupulous

Sentence: Being in authority gives such unscruplous humans a chance to get away with their misdeeds by covering up evidence.

Error: practises Suggestion: practices

Sentence: Such corrupt practises can be stopped only if the society questions the deeds of its authority often enough.
Error: practises Suggestion: practices

Sentence: Summing up,questiong the authoity is the only thing that makes it accountable to those it serves.
Error: authoity Suggestion: authority
Error: questiong Suggestion: question

Sentence: However, this questioning should not be arbitary. it should be done in controlled manner, otherwise the sanctioned authority will never have the courage to make some radical development.
Error: arbitary Suggestion: arbitrary

Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.