When old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes modern development should be given precedence over the preservation of historic buildings

When old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes, modern development should be given precedence over the preservation of historic buildings.

One of the most important rights of the people is the accommodation. But now a day it is becoming scarce because of the rapid growth of population. But unfortunately the population is not uniformly distributed throughout the world. Some of the countries are highly dense compared to others. Even within the same country some places or cities are denser than the others. So accommodation is a problem in those areas. In those cases the difficult decisions have to make regarding the fate of the historic buildings. Here the author speaks in favor of preserving the historic buildings rather than to demolish them to build modern ones. I do agree with the suggestions for the following reasons.

It is an era of modern technology. People are building skyscrapers. A lot of technologies are available to build those. What we need is to make the best use of those technologies and build some skyscrapers. Because when new building are made demolishing the historic one then it might happen that the accommodation is still inadequate. Then the ultimate plan would be to build skyscrapers. So better to start that trend now rather destroy the historic buildings. That’s why large cities have multistoried buildings to meet the need of accommodation.

It is also possible to make a city plan preserving the historic buildings. In that case it will increase the aesthetic value of the city. For example Rome still has a lot of historic places that have not only increased the beauty of the city but also has attracted a lot of tourists. This strategy will make a contribution to the economy of the nations. Dhaka, the most populated city in the world, has still maintained their historic places and the establishment even though there is a severe accommodation problem. The city engineers have decided to go for multistoried building without destroying those.

Historic buildings are not so frequent. So question arises regarding the contribution to the solution of the accommodation problems if those are replaced by the modern one. I think it will be a very minor percentage. So it is better to preserve those establishments. Apart from that those buildings also represent the history of the nation. Sometimes they represent the pride of the nation or a civilization that has been extinct. In that sense they might be very good educational materials.

In conclusion I would like to say there are so many reasons to claim that the historic buildings should be grounded and should be replaced by the modern one. But the fact is that it is going to destroy the history of the nation, the history that is cherished by the mass people. At the same time the replacement of the historic building might not solve the problem permanently. So we need to look for a permanent solution. And in that case it is important to make use of other unutilized places and to preserve the historic buildings.