Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

Recently, archaeologists have discovered what was once thought to be a "Palaen" woven baskets is now being disputed as not uniquely theirs. The studies found the distinctive patterned woven basket was not only present in the prehistoric village of Palea but also in the ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. Archaeologists concluded that the distinctive basket do not belong to the Paleans because due to the Brim river being very deep and broad, the ancient Paleans could only have crossed it by boat, which were not found at the site of the discovery of the baskets in Lithos. There are a few assumptions made here by the arguer that takes credit away from these ancient people.

The first and the most important of all fallacious assumptions from the arguer is the claim that the Paleans could have not crossed the Brim river without boats, because no evidence of boats where found in Lithos. Considering that this prehistoric is ancient, the arguer has to keep in mind that how our continents and lands are formed today have not always been this way. Tectonic plates drifted, the last couple of ice ages have caused ocean water to rise and shrink. Land that existed tens and thousands of years ago have either changed or does not exist anymore.

Given that ice age have proven to cause land erosion, one must keep in mind that the river water level may not have been very deep or the river may not have been very broad itself. If the water was low enough, the Palean people could have waded their way across the river to Lithos to conduct business with them. In this case they could have been trading their "unique" woven baskets for Lithosians goods. Without looking further into the timeframe of when the Palean baskets appeared in Lithos, the arguer can not falsely accused the Palean baskets to not be uniquely their own.

Secondly, the trade could have been the other way around. It is stated the the ancient village of Lithos and Palea are only cross the river from each other. Given the close vicinity of the two villages, barters could have been conducted through form of consumption goods. The Palean could have traded their woven baskets for food that is indigenous to the Lithosians. Through this trade agreement, Lithosians goods would have been consumed so there are no traits of their interactions in Palea, and since the woven baskets are for everyday use, it got left behind by the Lithosians.

Without asking questions such as: How old are these civilization? How was the Earth's climate during that timeframe? And whether or not there are evidences of these people interacting with each other, we cannot wholly discredit the case.

Sentence: It is stated the the ancient village of Lithos and Palea are only cross the river from each other.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the