Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The conclusions drawn by author based on the specified arguments is very weak and no entirely convincing. It is supported by many assumption,instead of the evidences, which are very ambiguous by nature.

Firstly, the assumption that author assumed that there is no change in geography from the ancient time till now. With ever changing geographies we can't say the crossing river is the only way to reach "Lithos" from Palea in those day.The river might not be broad and deep enough in those days. Here author need to be consider some evidence, the significant geographical changes which has occured in this period, Which may lead to fact that in those days there were alternate ways available.

Similarly, the author has also assumed that the two place can only be crossed by boat, which might not be the only case, Author need to check the other modes of transportation. Were there any bridges,can be man-made or natural, in those days. Then there might not be any need to have boat at all and trade can happen, this fact also need to be checked.

Also, author didn't mention the what is the age of the basket discovered at Lithos and Palea. Which one is old? It may not be necessary the remains are contemporary. This can be done by "Radio Isotope decay method", which is used to find the age of an object. From those test we can come to know about time period in which baskets belonged and where they were invented.

Apart from that, the author didn't mention how many baskets were found in Lithos, is it in a great number so as to draw inference that they part of their social life. If they are in very small number than it may happen that some of the basket have reached to Lithos by river way from palea and it was just dumped there.

Ultimately, from the bulk of the evidence, it is clear that the author argument is weakly supported by the assumptions instead of strong evidences. However the drawn conclusion can be confirmed by checking for the evidence discussed above.

Sentence: The conclusions drawn by author based on the specified arguments is very weak and no entirely convincing.
Description: The fragment the specified arguments is not usually followed by is
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace is with are

the significant geographical changes which has occured in this period
Suggestion: the significant geographical changes which have occurred in this period

Sentence: Also, author didn't mention the what is the age of the basket discovered at Lithos and Palea.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a WH-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to the and what

this fact also need to be checked.
Suggestion: this fact also needs to be checked.

Sentence: It may not be necessary the remains are contemporary.
Description: The tag an adjective is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to necessary and the