Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument

The argument states about the existence of the Palean baskets .The author says that since it was found solely in village of Palea , it was made by the inhabitants of Palea. At first the argument put forth by the author appears convincing but is flawed in certain cases.

Firstly, the author does not specify any reason behind the origin or any evidence about woven baskets which will provide sufficient information .There wasn’t any evidence given of how designs of the basket were unique and peculiar to the Palean people. There wasn’t any cogent or noteworthy point about it specified by the author.

Secondly , it was stated that archaeologists discovered those baskets in Lithos across Brim River from Palea . It was assumed that those people were using boats to travel from one place to the other . But it was found that there were no boats of their own .

Furthermore , the author blindly states that those baskets may not be of Palean origin since the river is deep
and broad . There is a possibility that Palean people may not have used boats to travel from one place to
another .They must have used other means of transport.

Thus the above argument should have been more elaborative than just plainly giving superficial information.

Minimum 250 words wanted.

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.