Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

The above statement is found to be skeptical for two important reasons. One is about the place called Lithos and about the river. It is difficult to understand the author's point.

First of all the author claims that the basket was discovered in Lithos. The basket maybe purchased from the Palea village and not woven by the people of Lithos. Since the author has stated that the village is nearby to the Palea village, hence there is a possibility that people have bought it not woven by themselves.

Another discrepancy is that the author does not state if Palean boats were not available at the time the author visited or there were no boats at all from Palea. Even if there were no boats, the author has not stated explicitly that water was the only medium of transportation. People might have travelled from Palea to Lithos through land, that is either by train, bus, or by private vehicle. The author has not stated any extra information about the surrounding villages. He has not stated how developed the village is. It might also be possible that, some Palean might have moved to Lithos and started the basket woving business there. Hence, the basket might be available in Lithos or the Paleans might have come to sell their baskets to Lithos people since the village is very near-by to Palea.

Since there are no clear explanations about the medium of transportation, about the people of Lithos, the above statement is specious and cannot be agreed based on the explanation given.

Put more words first,you only have 258 words. and then compare this essay: http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/argument-1-0, let us know what is your idea.