105. Claim: Imagination is a more valuable assets than experience. Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.

105. Claim: Imagination is a more valuable assets than experience.
Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.

The author asserts that imagination is more valuable than experience because the existence of experience brings more constraints which prevent people from imaging. While the development of science and technology depends more on imagination than on experience, the usefulness() of experience cannot be overlooked absolutely.

At first, admittedly, imagination is more valuable for the development and progression of modern social. Without imagination, both science and technology cannot progress significantly. Sometimes the established principles and attitudes can constrain the imagination and some thought beyond experience is often regarded as ridiculous and day-dream, and it can explain why children are usually more imaginative than adults. During Industrial Revolution, many machines and tools, which are indispensable in our daily life such as the airplane, the steam engine, and the pulp, were derived from imagination. If Wright brothers were constrained to the experience that people cannot fly like birds and did not have the thought about flying machine, they would not have invented the airplane. As the motivation and origin of technology development, imagination is more valuable than experience to some extent.

However, under most circumstances, it is unfair to compare the value of imagination and experience directly. On the one hand, qualifying both abstract conceptions is pretty unrealistic, on the other hand, effective imagination is based on the experience. The significance of education can explain the importance of experience directly for the reason that the main purpose of education is to impart experience. In many fields, the neophyte has to learn basic knowledge and principles from experience at the beginning. If experience is less precious than imagination, the existence of education is also nonsense. For example, without basic knowledge of thermodynamics and mechanism, James Watt could not have invented the steam machine only by imagining. Only if imagination bases on experience, is it effective, or should it be called adventure rather than imagination.

Finally, the logic between the claim and the reason is wrong. The relationship of imagination and experience in the claim is parallel while in the reason is not. In the reason, the lack of experience precipitates the existence of imagination, in other word, the relationship between imagination and existence is contradict. Therefore, the claims is untenable bases on the reason. Furthermore, imagination and experience are not only parallel, but also can have an influence on each other. Even if imagination is more significant in motivating new revolution, the role of experience in supporting imagination and maintaining principles cannot be neglected.

In conclusion, while the value of imagination should be emphasized, it is not reasonable to compare imagination and experienced directly by using the reason of a people lack of experience but full of imagination.

the claims is untenable bases on the reason.
the claims is untenable based on the reason.

to compare imagination and experienced directly by
to compare imagination and experience directly by