In this age of intensive media coverage, it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t

In this age of intensive media coverage, it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Media coverage has come to be one of the pillars of modern society in the last decades, to the extent in which is known as the fourth power of a government, because these are times where most events are investigated by the media. This holds even truer as we reach the peak of the age of the internet and mobile media. Now, not only reporters can document an event, but anyone with a smartphone or a camera can cover any incident and put it in the eyes of the world almost in real time. And this is how we have come to know about day by day heroes, people that usually never got recognition, or that anyone ever knew about, today the situations in which they make heroic acts, are recorded somehow by some witness, and spread around the world.

Every day we hear or see on TV or the internet, about some unknown hero that saved a pet from dying, or an entire city that helped a little boy with a terminal disease to reach his dream of being a super hero and take criminals off the streets, or a teenager that give his life so his classmates could live, taking a bomb far away from them. Even when one thing might not be too spectacular, or the other be just an act of kindness, or even a great sacrifice, it is these every day heroes that make this world a better place to live, and should be remembered by the rest of us and use them as role models.

One could argue about histories of politicians, policeman, soldiers, music or movie stars, etc. that were caught in an evil or shameful act, making these past heroes, now villains. However, one could also state that there are more common people making heroic acts every day, than there are disappointments made by known people.

In conclusion, even when there are examples of both cases of people doing good deeds that were previously ignores because of lack of media coverage, and examples of known persons committing bad acts, one would have to say that there is not only one man or woman that is a hero, but many of them, and most of them are our neighbors, teachers, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters, common people, being heroes every day.

to the extent in which is known as the fourth power of a government
to the extent in which it is known as the fourth power of a government

not only reporters can document an event, but anyone with a smartphone or a camera can cover any incident
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

or a teenager that give his life so his classmates
or a teenager that gives his life so his classmates

good deeds that were previously ignores
good deeds that were previously ignored

there is not only one man or woman that is a hero, but many of them
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.