In any field of inquiry, the beginner is more likely than the expert to make important contributions.

Living in an era with population exploration, competition over positions is getting more fierce, especially between beginners and experts. As is commonly acknowledged, experts are rich in experience and thereby own more accurate perspective in their fields, meanwhile beginners are more talented in creativity and critical thinking. Since diverse fields have various characteristics, they accordingly appear distinct tendency in the competition between older and younger generation.

In the field of politics, there is no denying that experienced ones usually win over beginners. Generally, old hands are more familiar with rules and possess more abundant social resource such as relationship with authority that serves as potential advantages when it comes to election or stabilize their power. For instance, the Bush and the Kennedy are two influential families in the US history. Having a tradition of participating in government, they are proficient in at administration and various measures in dealing with problems and gain more credits in the government. Therefore in fields like politics where experience in handling crisis takes the leading role in management, old hands are more likely to excel compared with beginners.

Whereas, in the field of business, individuals with boldness of breaking rules are more probable to succeed. Although being familiar with market is necessary, it is the courage to take risks and overturn existing rules that prospers an enterprise. Mark Zuckerberg established Facebook in his college years. Lacking in experience, he could still succeed in gaining billions of wealth and pioneering a territory in social network merely dependent on his brilliant ideas. Thus extraordinary entrepreneurs excel in creativity and braveness, which appear to be advantages of beginners.

Similarly, in the realm of science and art, groundbreaking achievements are created by green hand. Admittedly skills are required in such high challenging fields, yet having been engaged in a specific branch for too long, an experienced researcher or artist is no longer capable of getting rid of limitations easily. Contrarily, beginners own broader perspective of his major and can more easily apply comprehensive methods to his issue without any constraint. James Watson and Francis Crick discovered the structure of DNA at their twentieth shortly after they entered this field. Undoubtedly it was their free mind and skills in Physics that figure out the intriguing question and totally changed the history of biology. Hence for scientists and artists, the more significant quality might be the spirit of challenging the authority, in which case success of beginners seems nothing strange.

Conclusively, beginners and experienced experts own different kinds of merit. The quality of winners largely depends on diverse characteristics of each field and consequently decides which class can finally succeed.

Is politics in the field of inquiry?