In any field of inquiry, the beginner is more likely than the expert to make important contribution.

A positive and lasting contribution requires some features like knowledge, passion, ability, guidance and luck. A beginner or an expert may have some of these qualifications. Thus, I partially agree with the statement which emphasis the beginner’s contribution more than an expert’s contribution, since the contribution depends on how we define a novice or an expert, and also, which field is that one will contribute.

An expert is the one with a full of experience in a specific area, and mostly the aged one. An inquiry in most of the cases requires lots of experience and observations. For example, a plethora of scientists have found many theories after a long life that has passed with a toil on their specialization field. Einstein and Edison are the two of best examples of these scientists. They spent their life working, making observations and trials about their field. After those hard work, they developped new ideas and investigations when they eventually became experts.

On the other hand, nowadays, especially with the improvements in technology and science, creative thinking and taking risks have become crucial aspects of making a contribution to an inquiry. Since many computers or technological devices make calculations instead of humans, there is no need to waste time on these calculations any more. Instead of this, thinking out of the box has gained importance much more than before. As we may see in many different examples, especially in the area of social media, this attitude generally belongs to a beginner, since a novice has not gained enough information about an area which provides one to think without limits, while an expert limits oneself with the knowledge he had.

There is another aspect to one should consider is that the contribution generally depens on the field. Technology related to internet, social media or e-commerce are developing areas day by day. Thus, in these fields, a contribution from a novice is more inevitable. However, science is an area that has been growing since the first day of humanbeings, so a meaningful contribution to a brunch of science definitely requires some expertise and a hard work. Hence, the field of the inquiry determines who will make more important contribution to it.

To sum, in areas which requires passion and creative thinking, it is more general to see the contribution from a novice, however, there are still many fields which requires a lifetime for expertise and discipline.

Thus, I partially agree with the statement which emphasis the beginner’s contribution
Thus, I partially agree with the statement which emphasizes the beginner’s contribution

many fields which requires a lifetime
many fields which require a lifetime