Any leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In

Any leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

A leader leads the masses to achieve a set goal. He gives them a direction to work to accomplish the aim. For this he may have to face many challenges, he might even lose the support of majority. But whether a leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little or not is a debatable issue. Scrupulous analysis need to be done to take a stand.

We are pretty much aware of the failure of the Indian National Congress in the mainland of India in recent elections of 2014. One of the major reasons as identified by the political critics is the ignorance to the need for change, change in the laws, change in the set standards, change in the working system, change in the ideology of the leaders itself. The leaders, Sonia Gandhi and the fellow Congressmen were ignorant to the changing opinions of the society and eventually led to the collapse of the political party.

On the other hand, the new government, led by current Prime Minister Narendra Modi understood the need for this change and highly influenced by popular opinion formulated new laws. His government is also making efforts to modify the old laws to suit the current scenario. And although the government just came into power, it already has more than half the Indians, in India and abroad, in its favor. One man has brought about a revolution in the country. There’s no doubt that this one leader has accomplished so much in so less a time. Highly influenced by popular opinion and motivated by the need for change, Narendra Modi has set an example to leaders all around the world.

Consequently, leaders today who are influenced by popular opinions definitely make it big. They just need to identify the areas that are in dire need for a change.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.