In any situation progress requires discussion among people who have contrasting views

when people who have contrasting views meet there is a low chance of agreement due to high egos of humans in general. As humans mostly everyone tend to stick to his/her views on some particular issue hence arguments arise when people of contradicting views meet. On the bright side when people meet with opposing view there is more to gain than the aforementioned, with healthy argument would lead to progress.

It is only when people that have opposing views meet that you tend to get a wider scope of a subject matter. for instance a ruler of a state feels that the best way to improve the lives of people in his community is to improve on the roads while some of his people think he should provide other amenities such as hospitals. what he needs to do is to sit with this people who oppose his view and both options should be weighed to see which would be more of advantage and needed by them.In fact, great discoveries where made due to people disagreeing with a particular theory. when people in the past have several superstitious believes about the earth. scientists such as Isaac Newton, Albert Einstien had opposing views which lead them to go out and make researches and now we have more detailed knowledge about the earth we leave on

in fact, because you share the same view with someone does not necessarily mean that progress would be made. The great mother Teresa for example was known for her good act and is loved all over the world but all those who love her and share her view about caring for one another are not all doing that art. We also have other examples of people called heroes for there views such as Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King among others, but not everyone that share the views of this people actually do this so called good acts.

One may argue that when people of opposing views come together people could stick to there views based on personal selfish reasons and hence this could hamper the chances of progress in t that discussion, which is true. but when they bring their views and make a healthy discussion with each person keeping egos and personal interest aside, there is more likely going to be progress as the topic of discussion would be discussed taking into consideration all the views of each other hence stronger and more valid progress can be made in the society.

on some particular issue
on some particular issues

Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.