The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.

The effect of feedback on a student’s performance has been discussed for a long time in the field of education in which it can trigger improvement. It does seem that providing compliments for successful actions are effective, while ignoring negative deeds does not yield desired actions in the future.

First, making positive remarks on a pupil’s positive aspects is critical in ‘good teaching’ regarding their confidence. It is obvious that when one receives a compliment, then the one gets to know that they are right of their rationales, and furthermore that they are useful in some way for others.

Secondly, making compliments are effective in teaching since students who have received one will strive to perform well for more praises. We all know that when commended by others, we have the proclivity to repeat and develop it.

However, negative actions should not be ignored in the sense that one needs to know what has been the cause of the negative effect, to amend it for future development. Take Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United for example. Sir Ferguson was famous for scolding his players severely when they are not doing what they have been trained and taught to do. It has been interviewed several times that due to his reproaching, players have consciously amended fallacious aspects of their play and had a satisfactory result. If the players have not known what was going wrong, they would not have adjusted their ineffective play which will have led to unwanted results.

In conclusion, when teaching, the mentor must be aware that he praises students for their positive deeds and help adjust fallacies among them. However, the degree of the compliments and adjustments made should be controlled in appropriate degrees so that it does not incur side effects such as complacency.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.