Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the extent

Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.
Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Is it necessary to step down leader after every five years? Author thinks so as he believes that surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership. At first glance, we cannot draw a definite conclusion. But after adequate pondering, it is evident that there are more advantages of this recommendation than its disadvantages. Thus, I more or less agree with the author's claim.

Firstly, we need to understand that what is leader (Those who are in power)? what is his role? Leader is representative of group who leads the group. Leader should encourage all members of his team to do their job in effective manner. Also, he ( or she ) should not discriminate between his members. Leader should lead his team in an effective manner and should be ready to face any problem. Leader plays very pivotal role in team. Team of leader can vary in size. For example, Leader of government Prime Minister has very big team and other side leader of education institutions has small team.

There are many advantages of changing leader every 5 year. Because of this rotation, other people who are also eligible for this post get a chance to do something special for his team. He ( or she ) comes with new ideas, new objectives and with full of energy. This can be very advantageous for his team. Take an example of India's Current Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He has been on power for 1 year. He has done very well in this 1 year with his fresh ideas, 'Swach Bharat Abhiyaan' which is related to cleanliness of whole country.

If we flip the coin and look at the other side of it, we can see that there can be disadvantages of this method also, but very few. Firstly, why to step down him if he ( or she ) is doing well for his team. It could have deleterious effect on team's performance also. For better functioning of group, there should be co-ordination between leader and his group members. If leader changes after every 5 years, then such type of co-ordination cannot develop.

In sum, we can say that, there should be changing of leadership, but after how many years it should be decided on the basis of team's performance under his leadership. This can be beneficial for team's performance.

Leader is representative of group who leads the group
Leader is the representative of a group who leads the group

in effective manner.
in an effective manner.

has very big team
has a very big team