Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the extent

Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.

Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

In today's contemporary society where business, politics, government, Education plays a major role in shaping the future of the country and its citizens, The people in power need to be erudite in their respective fields and have the Capability to take huge decisions wisely. The author here suggests that the ones in power should step down after a certain period of time i.e. five years. I believe this is an unfair generalization made on behalf of the author. I believe Time should not be the constraint in deciding who has the power and who does not. The following passages will help further understand my stance on this.

The policy of changing the government or politics after every five years is a wise and beneficial decision for the both the government and the people. This procedure gives a chance to new and talented politicians and lets the people chose who governs them. Youngsters are also given an opportunity this way as they have brighter and better ideas for the development of a country. they are also more vigorous and sedulous at the same time as compared to aged people who have been governing because of political legacy. However this policy cannot be applicable to private businesses as they are usually inherited within families and are owned by individuals. it is completely their choice of who runs the business.

However government organizations and businesses should hold a similar policy. Furthermore, If a government or political party is working very efficiently and proving to be be beneficial and fruitful for the nation and the people, time should not be a limitation. They should have the option to continue or extend their tenure accordingly. For example, Barrack Obama, the current president of the United States of America, is serving his second tenure as the elected president because people believed that his government has brought prosperity and success for the country. The five year policy cannot be effective if applied in such circumstances.

I believe that time doesn't necessarily need to have a minimum or maximum value. If the purpose is not served, the tenure can be even a shorter one. As we saw above in some cases, it is necessary to follow the five year policy but in some cases it isn't. There are various factors that influence this decision and need to be considered while applying this policy.