Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Reason: only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.Write a res

Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.

Reason: only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The writer of the issue claims that the best way to assess a dispute is to check its ability to convince ones with an opposing idea. The author further reasons that defending an idea against the opinions which stand on the other side, is the just way to find that idea's value. In what follows I will first discuss my responses to the claim and then explain what I think of the reason on which the claim is based.

I am fundamentally agree with the proposition that convincing the opposing views is a logical way to examine an argument. The primary reason why I agree with the assertion is that if one with an opposing idea is convinced by an argument, it shows that reasonable supporting ideas are used by those who favor. Also, it is obvious that none of the participants is dogmatic. They listen to others ideas and think about it. Then, if it is plausible, they will admit their fault and accept that idea.

Although sometimes an argument is not able to convince the opposing views, it is finished by valuable findings that show the need for future research. For instance, it is contributor to future research to find better supports for acceptable questions. At the end of the day, not only the questions would be answered, but also new facts are discovered.

Nevertheless, as far as the reason is concerned I do not agree with the writer of the issue to some extent because defending an iconoclastic idea is a demanding job and it finishes with no avail in most of the times. In addition, some people convince the opponents by telling lie, and it is not possible to find the truth.

To conclude, if an idea can answer all the doubts and convince the opponents, it is a valuable idea; however, it should not be overgeneralized because bigots do not change their minds, and sometimes people assert to lie to convince an opposing viewpoint.

They listen to others ideas and think about it.
Description: 'it' refers to what?

not only the questions would be answered, but also new facts are discovered.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

Sentence: They listen to others ideas and think about it.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to others and ideas