Claim: Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagreewith the claim and the reaso

Claim: Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.
Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree
with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Laws, by using punishment and sometimes by offering rewards _ like tax exemption_ have discouraged and encouraged people in doing deeds. Running the gamut from the most primitive civilizations of nomadic tribes, to the great nations, implementation of laws has given rise to the development of the societies. However, as the statement claims, many are those problems that laws cannot solve. The statement’s claim rests on a reason that laws cannot intrinsically influence the people.

To begin with, laws cannot encourage people in doing all necessary things for a society. When people are only limited to their obligations, they become no more than good machines. People need to do more than merely meeting the legal obligations. Consider a student in a university who is emotionally wounded of losing his father. The educational professors are so busy with their study and the research or other faculty jobs. If a professor care for the student feelings, especially if the student is a foreigner in that city or nation, it will be so helpful for the student. This is not even the responsibility of a professor, but regarding the conscientious, this act can shatters one feeling of loneliness even by only asking the feeling of the student, and can give hope to one. Otherwise the depression of the student can cause problems for the whole system.

Furthermore, in the punishing part of the legislation system all problems cannot be efficiently solved. This is because without someone who watches an outlaw there is no guarantee that individuals remain lawful. Furthermore, there are lots of loopholes that opportunistic individuals can take advantage. Consider a crossroad with no cameras or no police in the middle of the night. Many of the accidents in cross roads happen because people think they can do away with the outlaw of passing a red-light. They do not think that laws are made for their safety. Especially young people who are in the age of delinquency, are inclined to do something and run away with it. Besides, polices and cameras cannot control everyone in society and everyone needs to have control of himself or herself.

As reason is concerned, indeed what is inside the people cannot be influenced by a legislation system because they are extrinsic motivations. So what can penetrate to inside? A decent nurture. With focusing on the proper nurture we can expect a society in which majority are aware enough to solve their problems without resorting to laws. The courtrooms are less crowded and peace is ruling in every corner when a decent nurture is instilled in people to observe the others' right.

In short, although laws are unquestionably required, they cannot be reliable for solving the whole problems of a society. In my idea, a decent nurture of people can do what the laws fail to accomplish.

this act can shatters one feeling
this act can shatter one feeling

The first example for the student in a university is not related to the topic.