"Custom-made products, those which are made according to the requirements of an individual customer, are optimum for an intelligent buyer. The product is designed and perfected to please the purchaser to the highest level. Yet, the cost of production and

"Custom-made products, those which are made according to the requirements of an individual customer, are optimum for an intelligent buyer. The product is designed and perfected to please the purchaser to the highest level. Yet, the cost of production and the price for the customer are considerably greater than those of ready-made products."
What do you find more interesting, the support for custom-made products or the criticism of it?

Since the era of industrialization, products of all kinds from food and clothing to furniture and appliances have been mainly mass produced. This mass production has greatly benefited both businesses and customers since the economies of scale make the products more affordable. In addition, ready made products are easily marketed and distributed, and most importantly satisfy consumers' every day needs, through a wide variety and a decent quality.

Nevertheless, there is no obvious reason for custom made products to be criticized so heavily mainly because of the high cost involved in producin...