Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Among several other tasks, one of the most important contributions of an institution is to help a student to select a field of study suitable for his or her future career. Every student, from his childhood, continues to nurture his dream and works with diligence to achieve his cherished goal and in this preparation to attain one’s aspiration; institution, especially, teachers play vital roles to stride forward students in their field of interest. Sometimes, a student may perform poorly in the field in which he continues to pursue his higher studies, but it is not desirable from the teachers to dissuade him to continue in that subject; because no one knows what is lying in near future, may be the so-called poor student will succeed to reach his dream and become a renowned one. Thus, in the part of institution, it must not discourage a student rather, it should aid him to set up a higher goal and encourage him to pave a path for his success.

Once, the eminent Indian scientist and former President Abdul Kalam has given a speech that, if we set our goal low, we will end up at the bottom but if we aim high we have hope to climb more. So, a teacher must take care of the aspirations which en-kindle students’ mind so that they can achieve a better and prosperous future and become responsible citizens of their country. If we look into the history of mankind, we can see that many famous personalities, who couldn’t do better in their academic career and even their teachers were also less hopeful about their future, engraved their names in various fields like science, multinational business, literature, art etc. Steve Jove can serve as an example in this context, a drop-out after spending merely a half of semester in his college, became a successful inventor and entrepreneur of all time. He built his own personal computer in his garage and from that very auspicious day, the journey of most successful multinational electronics company, Apple Inc. had started.

Therefore, students should not be daunted to take a path of their own interests, whatever are the initial consequences of an arduous journey at staring point. But, during this time, facing with failure, as students sometimes become diffident and despondent and find themselves in stygian way, teachers must guide them to overcome this gloomy path so that they can see a light of hope at the end of the corridor. Nature bestows on every child with special gift and this latent potential remains hided until the right note on the harp. Thus, teachers must help students to shape their cherished dream.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic.

better to have 4-5 paragraphs.

You may go this link for new GRE issue patterns:
http://testbig.com/question/gre-issue-essay-questions-new-gre-issue-ess…