Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.This is for my GRE issue essay.I don't have much time for the exam.Any tips to better this in a short time are most w

Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

This is for my GRE issue essay.I don't have much time for the exam.Any tips to better this in a short time are most welcome.Thankyou.

The creation of a government is definitely for solving the problems(welfare) of the society, and problems here does not confine to the present or future, but all the problems the society faces.Also, solving a present day problem will not only be beneficial for the present, but also make tommorow bright.Because, if it isn't solved today it would continue till tommorow and as long as it isn't curtailed.Focusing only on tommorows problem would undermine such present problems, which is not one expects from an effective government.

"Democracy is for the people, of the people and by the people", said Abrahim Lincoln implying that a Government(in which he wished it to be democratic) formed by the people works for the welfare of the society.Why is the government formed? For solving problems that cannot be done by individuals themselves, or neither by certain groups of the society(because of the limitation of the power).Whereas, a government exercises it's power for the benefit of the society.For instance, subsidising the price of a costly commodity, such as renewable energy,which all the individuals would not be able to afford on their own. This instance not only applies to the problems of today but also would have continued, unless attended.Imagine a power cut due to shortage and uncertainty of its restoration.By reducing the const of renewable energy, take solar power, the government has solved this power crisis problem and also the uncertainty associated with it is eliminated.

On the other hand,many anticipated problems are not always likely to become reality. It obviously depends on the how they are anticipated.So, wasting time to solve such "anticipated" problems the government should focus on today's problem, first.

Lastly, the future problems must not be ignored completely, for they may become a great disaster, if ignored.But, the preference should be given to the present first and then the future, not the vice-versa.

All in all, I would say the government should be committed to solve as many problems of the society as the could, but by laying emphasis on the present first, then the future.

and problems here does not confine
and problems here do not confine

which is not one expects from an effective government.
which is not the thing one expects from an effective government.

the future problems must not be ignored completely, for they may become a great disaster,
the future problems must not be ignored completely, because they may become a great disaster,

Sentence: It obviously depends on the how they are anticipated.So, wasting time to solve such 'anticipated' problems the government should focus on today's problem, first.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a WH-adverb
Suggestion: Refer to the and how

Sentence: All in all, I would say the government should be committed to solve as many problems of the society as the could, but by laying emphasis on the present first, then the future.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to the and could

Sentence: The creation of a government is definitely for solving the problemswelfare of the society, and problems here does not confine to the present or future, but all the problems the society faces.Also, solving a present day problem will not only be beneficial for the present, but also make tommorow bright.Because, if it isn't solved today it would continue till tommorow and as long as it isn't curtailed.Focusing only on tommorows problem would undermine such present problems, which is not one
Error: tommorow Suggestion: tomorrow
Error: problemswelfare Suggestion: problem welfare
Error: tommorows Suggestion: tomorrows

Sentence: For solving problems that cannot be done by individuals themselves, or neither by certain groups of the societybecause of the limitation of the power.Whereas, a government exercises it's power for the benefit of the society.For instance, subsidising the price of a costly commodity, such as renewable energy,which all the individuals would not be able to afford on their own.
Error: societybecause Suggestion: society because
Error: subsidising Suggestion: subsidizing

Sentence: This instance not only applies to the problems of today but also would have continued, unless attended.Imagine a power cut due to shortage and uncertainty of its restoration.By reducing the const of renewable energy, take solar power, the government has solved this power crisis problem and also the uncertainty associated with it is eliminated.
Error: const Suggestion: ?

No. of Words: 357 while No. of Different Words: 169

Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.