Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition

Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.

Education whether it be university or school level, plays an important role in determining the future of a individual. Having good education can improve a person's credentials and increase the good prospects. Hence the government funding of education can be advantageous. However if the government finances every student who can't afford the education, it could have the detrimental effect ; for instance the funding of other sectors could be jeopardized, the education sector could become precariously contingent on government. Because of such inexorable outcomes, i disagree with the claim.

The first argument opposing the claim is that does the funding the education of every student have beneficial effects? One way to think of it is that people are the future of the nation and education enhances the individual's ability. In that way, funding the education of the selected students can help improve the nation. But one should also consider cases like Bill Gates and Dhirubhai Ambani. These people did not receive any university education then also they are among the richest people in the world. On the other hand there are a profusion of people in the world who despite having a good college degree are unemployed. Such instances show that free university education may or may not have an impact on the student's career.

The second argument is based on princepled nature of the government. The offering of free university education need prodigious amount of funds. If the government allots such large sum of money to a particular sector ,education, by comprising other significant sector then it wouldn't be just. This could be even be considered as a state sponsored theft. Moreover such dependence can have adverse effects in the future. Take for example, if there are sudden economical crises in the country, then such funding of education would be rescinded and then education sector would have to suffer the repercussions.

However one can also argue that for the indigent students who can't afford education , the free university education will be a boon. Such individuals will then not have to worry about issues like -student loans; tuition fees- they can fully concentrate on their education. These students will then have better prospects and can act as a catalyst in upward mobility. However even nowadays there exists many scholarship programs that sponsor such individual.

After considering various sides to the argument, one can conclude that government funding of education can have both propitious and unpropitious outcomes. As a whole the merits of education funding are at best ambiguous in nature, whereas the demerits are substantial and can have far reaching implication. Hence i mostly disagree on the claim and believe that governments should not offer a free university education to every student.

Sentence: The second argument is based on princepled nature of the government.
Error: princepled Suggestion: principled